IBS RigidRAP® is an 8mm OSB3 product that has been laminated with an approved building paper to give your house dual protection from the weather during your building process. It has been manufactured specifically for New Zealand, for use as a bracing element and/or rigid air barrier. IBS RigidRAP® is the only dual layer rigid air barrier system available in New Zealand and comes laminated with a BRANZ appraised watertight wall underlay.
As designers, builders and homeowners move towards more sustainable and durable materials and systems, the benefits of IBS RigidRAP® are becoming more relevant.
The product is lightweight, easy to cut nail or screw, and can be exposed to the weather for up to 90 days.
IBS RigidRAP® replaces the traditional building paper wrap to above all support a healthier, stronger home.
Intended use for IBS RigidRAP® are:
• Internal or External Wall Bracing
• External Wall Wrap – Rigid Air Barrier
• Temporary Weather Cladding
Key Features and Benefits:
• Reduced building time and rigid structure
• Provides rapid moisture protection of the building
• Allows for interior construction to continue
• Provides a greater level of site security
• Reduces structural timber movement
• Provides both structural support
• Provides weather tightness and an airtight building or home
• CodeMark Certified (CM70035)
• Hard-wearing exposure tested by SCION New Zealand (90 days exposure)
• Meets all requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
- 2440 mm x 1196 mm x 8 mm
- 2745 mm x 1196 mm x 8 mm
- 3050 mm x 1196 mm x 8 mm
Below are some of the option available for use RigidRAP –
Thermakraft Premium Joining Tape 75mm wide x 23m long
Thermaflash Flashing Tape Letter
Thermaflash Flashing Tape BRANZ
Hydro Tape 75mm (Masons)
Masons 40 Below (Masons)
Super-Stick (Marshalls Innovations)
3M™ All Weather Flashing Tape 8067 (3M™)
DriStud Cool Tape (DriStud)
TESCON EXTORA (Pro Clima)
EUROBAND S 60 (Frame Protection)