- Lightweight board – one-man lift
- Easy to cut, nail, screw and drill
- Speed up construction by working inside and outside the building at the same time
- Rapid moisture protection of the building
- Weather tightness and an airtight building or home
- Allows for interior construction to continue
- Provides a greater level of site security
- R-Value of 0.39
- Backing board which is a 10mm lightweight rigid foam composition
- Moisture resistant and load bearing panel
- CodeMark Certified (CM70091)
- Meets all requirements of the New Zealand Building Code (NZBC)
- Hard-wearing exposure tested by SCION New Zealand (90 days exposure)
Which way do the sheets need to be installed?
All sheets should be installed vertically for bracing. Sheets can be installed horizontally if they are not used as a bracing panel.
How much gap do I need to leave between sheets?
You need to leave a 2mm gap around all sides of the sheets for expansion and contraction. This means 4mm between the sheets on all sides. Hence the sheet width of 1196mm.
What tapes do I use?
A list of all tapes that have been tested and approved is listed in our Installation Guide. All tape installation should be in accordance with the manufactures install details.
What is the nailing pattern on the sheets?
150 centres around the perimeter of the sheets and 300mm through the centres. 75mm centres on the top and bottom plate. If not used as bracing 300mm centres.
How long can the RigidRAP-XT be left before cladding?
You can leave outside in the weather for up to 90 days before cladding.
Can I direct fix to RigidRAP-XT?
Corrugated iron is the only product than can be directly fixed as this profile forms a cavity type system. Corrugated iron needs to be installed vertically when fixing directly. All other cladding products need to be fixed to a cavity system.
Can I use RigidRAP-XT on timber frames?
Yes you can, although no bracing tests have been done with timber frames. You could use as a wrap only.
What certification does RigidRAP-XT have?
IBS RigidRAP has Codemark certification.